Hill Country Camera Club
Schedule of Events
Schedule of Events
- Sunday, June 30 - Deadline for Pre-registration
- Monday, July 8 - Deliver Photographs to Kerr Arts and Cultural Center, Avery Gallery, 11 AM-1 PM
- Tuesday afternoon, July 9 - Judging of Photographs. Note: Club Members are not allowed to be present during judging.
- Tuesday, July 9, 7 PM - Hill Country Camera Club Monthly Meeting in the Avery Gallery at the Kerr Arts and Cultural Center: PhotoQuest Judges share their critiques of award winners.
- July 11 through August 10 - Photographs Exhibited in Avery Gallery at KACC (Note: KACC is now closed on Sundays).
- Saturday, July 13 - Photographer’s Reception at KACC, 2 PM to 4 PM
- Wednesday, August 13 - Peoples’ Choice Ballots tallied.
- Monday, August 12 – Pickup photographs at KACC, 9 AM to 11 AM
PHOTOQUEST 2019 - Guidelines for Photograph Categories
- Natural Photography - This category includes photographs with NO or very minimal touch-up such as: cropping. sharpening, simple highlighting, removing dust spots, dodging or burning. This category should have no added objects, no cloning, no deleting objects from photograph, etc. Emphasis is on good composition and solid "photographic" technique.
- Black and White - No colors, colored highlights, or colored objects should appear in photograph. Emphasis is on good composition and solid "photographic" technique.
- Photographic Art Work - This category includes photographs which have been altered, edited or digitally enhanced, as well as digitally composed photographs, or “other technique” composed photographs. Some examples: Use of software and third-party plug-ins, such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz, HDR, Nik software, or other similar applications. Color(s) removed or added such as Sepia, split tone or a select color; Black and white with color in same photograph. Objects removed or added, cloned, filters, vignette, textures, etc. Composite photographs such as collages, panoramic stitched, etc. Any form of “painting over” of photograph. Any other form of photograph “alteration.”